philippians
was doing qt earlier. i've decided to make it a point at any time of the day to just do qt when i don't have time in the morning. besides, i don't have any studying to do. came across a verse i knew from the time i was very young and after reading, i realised i actually don't really understand that verse.
I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:10-13
what does verse 13 actually mean? after reading a couple of times, i guess what the verse spoke to me was that when ur content with the things God has given to u, u are able to do everything with God's strength. sometimes we get so caught up with chasing after wealth, education, comfort and other things of the world that we are not contented with what we have. we begin to hunger for things we want. and it becomes an 'addiction'. when we become 'addicted' to something, we will not have the power to overcome it and not be able to do 'everything'. but when we receive God's strength and be contented with what we have, we are free from any bondage and thus, are able to do everything.
maybe i'm wrong. but as of now, that speaks alot to me. haha. afterall, godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6.
Labels: contentment

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home