YOU are the reason i live

20090519

The different phases of life

I wish I could say I have been through much in life but I haven't. Of all the years I've lived, I can well say the past few years as a youth and a youth leader in church had been the most eventful. And eventful doesn't mean it was a happy one.

Like many youths, I made many mistakes. Because of stubborness, I always went my own way and I can't say I won't even now. I grew up in fear, doubt and a lot of hurt. But I thank God for surrounding me with wonderful friends who never seem to leave me. It wasn't easy to survive in church no matter how oblivious I would act. I would always play this punk girl who wouldn't care about a thing. Truth is, I didn't want to, until internship came and I had no choice. I guess I didn't know how bad the situation was until much much later, when even solving the problem wasn't able to cure the damage done. But I'm glad I've found a wonderful boyfriend to love and to care for me, for all the love and care I needed so badly.

Well, I never did much as a leader. In fact, I don't think I've contributed at all because I had been slacking and not putting in my best effort even in organising camps and stuff. This time it's different, because I actually initiated something from the bottom of my heart and did the proposal with my utmost effort. I could sense it was different because of my attitude towards doing it. It wasn't reluctant. That's why I really hope this gets through and we could all have some fun.

I don't have much time as a youth or a youth leader anymore and I'm planning to leave my alma matter behind and not taking it with me as I move into my next phase in life. It's just something in me that says I can't drag this longer and I can't drag these people along because they wouldn't be growing to their fullest. No matter how sudden this decision sounds like, it isn't because I had been planning and thinking for many years now, even as long as 4 years ago. I was just waiting for the right time and I even think, I'm behind time. I should have left at least a year ago. Well, God does gives us allowance and He's not restricted by time. I always believe that leaders are replaceable and even if I were to leave suddenly, there would be someone to take my place, because God is that mighty. But I know when it's time, it's time. There's so little time left for me that I feel I should do something before I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

it's alright when God hits a raw spot.
it reminds us that there are issues in our lives that we need to surrender to God.

it's alright when things do not turn out as we expect them to.
it reminds us that God has a greater plan than what we have for ourselves.

it's alright when friends fail us.
it reminds us to trust on God because He never fails.

it's alright when we feel inadequate in our service to God.
it reminds us that we are not to lean on our own strength but to lean on God.

it's alright when friends do not understand us.
it reminds us that we have a God who knows the desires of our hearts.

it's alright when members are not growing the way we want them to.
it reminds us that God is the one who will change their lives, not us.

it's alright when we fall in our walk with God.
it reminds us that we are and never will be perfect but we are to live the best we can each day.