Life Experiences
Jesus spent 30 years of His life preparing for His 3-year ministry. However much I had prepared or if that was even called preparation, will never be enough compared to what Jesus achieved in that 3 years. To think it's my sixth year in ministry. What have I achieved? My achievements can only be seen in the little fruits only in the past few months. Practically I achieved nothing in the first 5 years of ministry. Haha.
Well, God actually spoke hard to me today. Altar call was about wanting more of the Holy Spirit and living a life with that power to basically live a life victoriously for God. I didn't go down, not because I didn't want that anointing or power, but because I am already living with the power to do things already, albeit minimum power. Everyday I know the Holy Spirit is helping me with my homework, with managing time, setting aside time to do chores, go out and spend time with friends. No one knows the really huge amount of stress I face because I'm very bad at managing my time and having to face so much restrictions and money. But everyday I live as if I don't have much stress because of this power to do so much with the little that I have. It's amazing how assignments finish by themselves and I actually do well for projects and homework even though I'm just an average student.
The thing was, why wasn't I sharing this experience with the people I know? Why wasn't I telling people the wonderful things God is doing in my life? I have taken it for granted and I just wanted more miracles and more victory to just feel good that I'm living the 'correct life'. I really took God's grace for granted.
Last year, I embarked on a personal mission to understand what it really means to live that victorious christian life. For months I failed and I actually suffered a setback because I came to a point where Christianity was only so much. Then all of a sudden, God became so real. I began to see little miracles that were happening in my everyday life; the little things that God provides. I began to see how God worked in my life and began to see and understand His grace. I understood what it meant by God doesn't need people to do His work. I understood what grace was that even if you were living in sin, God will still use you to speak to His people because they hunger for His word and because He loves His people. I understood that man can plan the perfect plan but it will fail if God is not in the picture. I understood that as long as man seeks God, he doesn't even need to plan, but just be led by the Spirit.
Finally, I understood that a victorious christian life is not one that is a high-flyer. Every life has its sets of problems and no one's life is a bed or roses. I've done away with the idea that the victorious christian life has no troubles, no obstacles. All these will come, but what makes a christian victorious is the strength, the faith, the joy, the peace, the power that will bring the person through all these circumstances. Even in the valley will I be joyful and praise God like never before. I can face crap but it's the power of God that keeps me going. It's the power of the Holy Spirit that you will still rejoice in the face of death. It's the power of miracles and impossibilities that gives the christian that victorious life.
I know where to go from here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home