YOU are the reason i live

20080622

tomorrow

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter,
Every cloud is silver-lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky.

I don't know about tomorrow;
It may bring me poverty.
But the one who feeds the sparrow,
Is the one who stands by me.
And the path that is my portion
May be through the flame or flood;
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.
--
about 7 years ago, on a particular sunday, i sang this same song at almost the same place in church with much worries and doubts. i can vividly remember how lost i was thinking i had no future and that was all there is to life. with this song, God gave me a hope that He will be there whatever tomorrow may bring.

7 years later as i reflect upon what God has done in my life, He has indeed turned me from a person without a hope and future to someone who loves Him dearly and has her hopes and futures in His hands. it is indeed by the grace of God that i could stand there this very morning to sing the same song which kept me going all these years.

even tho i have no idea of what's going to happen tomorrow, seeing how graciously God has provided and transformed my life makes me wanna go on further coz i know He has a plan for me. God works in ways we cannot understand. it's so easy to say that my future is in God's hands. but to really believe that the unknown is gonna be great regardless how bad it may look, that's faith.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

it's alright when God hits a raw spot.
it reminds us that there are issues in our lives that we need to surrender to God.

it's alright when things do not turn out as we expect them to.
it reminds us that God has a greater plan than what we have for ourselves.

it's alright when friends fail us.
it reminds us to trust on God because He never fails.

it's alright when we feel inadequate in our service to God.
it reminds us that we are not to lean on our own strength but to lean on God.

it's alright when friends do not understand us.
it reminds us that we have a God who knows the desires of our hearts.

it's alright when members are not growing the way we want them to.
it reminds us that God is the one who will change their lives, not us.

it's alright when we fall in our walk with God.
it reminds us that we are and never will be perfect but we are to live the best we can each day.